Have you heard of Google Business? If so, are you using it? If not, you should keep reading!
In our opinion, gone are the days of paying Sensis (Yellow and White pages) top dollar for a premium listing to be seen locally. There are cheaper and more powerful alternatives available.
Meet, Google Business! It’s absolutely free, and if optimised correctly will provide you with more online exposure, website traffic, leads and calls.
Let’s not completely dismiss the Yellow and White pages though, there’s a place for this service but it doesn’t end in many zeros. If you do intend on using them, we’d recommend signing up to their base plans and put the extra dollars elsewhere.
How it works
Google Business is your best friend, it’s free, powerful and can really help grow your business. When Google searching for a place or a business it will either appear at the top of the search engine in map form or an individual listing on the side.
This is where YOU want to be! Google displays this over advertising and organic search results.
The first image below is displaying the map form, we searched for “Caravans Hobart” and this was the result. The second image is when searching directly for “A&K Caravans”. As you can see, their page is set up well and working great for them beating the competition. BROKENIMAGE Creative optimised their Google listing in 2017/2018.
If you don’t know how to access or create your Google Business page please contact us ASAP.
Useful tips for setting up your own Google Business Page
Once your page is created or you’ve accessed it, we have some tips your for;
• Verify your business if required
• Update all of your information! Make sure it’s accurate and meaningful.
• Add in new images, try to complete every image that Google asks for; logo, shop front, interior etc.
• Start using posts, a really powerful way to improve your Google ranking and Business ranking is to keep fresh content flowing through your page. Treat this like using any other social media platform.
• Seek reviews from your clients, positive reviews help boost your ranking and help potential customers choose you over another business.
When you’ve completed these steps and continue posting content regularly, your ranking will really start to improve!
For example, our business went from not even having a page to one of the top pages when searching for a marketing related businesses in Hobart. It’s not hard, it just requires attention and following the tips we have provided.
Thank you for taking the time to read our post, we hope to have provided you with some extra value! If you require any assistance or are looking to have this service set up for you please contact us.